Our Advisory Services are tailored to institutional investors and vary considerably based on the client’s size and type, and (of course) the mandate that our advisers were appointed to perform. Our clients range from approximately £10 Million to £20 Billion, and include, local government pension schemes (18 clients and over £36B AUA); corporate pension schemes; wealth management firms; family offices; charities; endowments and ultra-high net worth individuals.
By client type:
- MJ Hudson Allenbridge has established a strong presence in the LGPS through years of involvement in the sector. In 2013, the LAPF named Allenbridge as the 3rd largest consultant in the market, by number of clients.
- Our Senior Advisers have been working with LGPS clients for years providing advice direct to the pension committees as well as, providing manager selection and due diligence services and sitting on consulting frameworks for clients.
- We are very familiar with local government processes and procedures, and the varying needs of the pension committee members and officers, having been involved in the sector for decades.
- We also work with and provide local government Pension Board services.
Clients include: Devon, Dorset, Lancashire and Worcestershire County Councils, along with Islington, Hounslow, Camden and Bromley Borough Councils. Overall, we provide on-going advisory services to 18 LGPS clients with assets in excess of £35bn.
- Our Corporate Pension Fund clients range from relatively small, with assets of approximately £10 million, to the very large, with assets in excess of £20 billion
- We advise trustees as well as company management (not for the same client) with respect to their pension schemes.
- We also provide professional trustees to the pension schemes if required, including where a Chair of Investment Committee is needed.
We provide on-going advisory services to 8 Corporate Pension Scheme clients with assets in excess of £23bn.
- Our Endowments and Charity Clients range from relatively small, with assets of approximately £10 million to approximately £250 million.
- With Endowments and Charity Clients our focus is on delivering long term growth net of and distribution requirements, while keeping risk levels to a minimum.
- We are able to advise on any socially responsible investment (“SRI”) where required.
- We work directly with the trustees of the endowment or charity.
- Our Family Office Clients range from relatively small, with assets of approximately $50 million to approximately $100 million.
- With Family Offices our focus tends to be more “hands-on” working with the family (officers) and any trustees to deliver a fully bespoke service to the needs of the family members.
- We provide a full range of advisory and monitoring services including: asset allocation, portfolio construction, investment due diligence, governance advice and set-up, portfolio monitoring and reconciliation services.
- We are able to advise the family and/or trustees directly, as required.
- We’ve provided tailored advisory service to Ultra-High Net Worth Individual Clients starting at a relatively small base, with invested assets of approximately £10 million.
- Our focus is on delivering a simple “low-touch” long-term portfolio based on the clients’ requirements.
- We provide a full range of advisory and monitoring services including: asset allocation, portfolio construction, investment due diligence, portfolio monitoring and reconciliation services.
- We are able to advise the individual directly and/or trustees directly as required.
Please note that we are not able to provide advice to retail clients.
References available on request.