MJH Group Holdings Limited, its subsidiaries and associated businesses (‘MJ Hudson’ and ‘we’) are committed to protecting your personal data and your privacy. We endeavour to ensure that any personal data we collect about you will be held and processed strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and, on and from 25 May 2018, the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The terms Personal Data, Data Controller and processing have the meanings given to them in the GDPR (which can be accessed here), unless otherwise indicated.
Which policy is relevant to your situation?
At MJ Hudson, we collect and process Personal Data in a number of ways. To help you find the information that is most relevant to your situation, we have separated our policy into a number of sections. Please click on the [link] OR [heading] below that is appropriate for your situation to find out more.
- You are browsing our website, enquiring about our services; receiving our marketing communications, responding to one of our surveys or otherwise interacting with us as a prospective, current or former customer other than in connection with ongoing services we are providing to you or your organisation;
- You are a client of MJ Hudson;
- You are a client of MJ Hudson-Allenbridge;
- You are applying for or enquiring about a job at MJ Hudson;
- You are an employee or contractor of MJ Hudson;
- You are a supplier or service provider to MJ Hudson.
Please note that we are in the process of updating all of our policies in order to ensure they are compliant with the GDPR before May 2018. Some of the information in this policy may, therefore, be temporarily unavailable. If this is the case, please check our website again at a later date or contact us at email@example.com.
a. You are browsing our website, receiving our marketing communications, using our marketing resources, responding to one of our surveys or otherwise interacting with us as a prospective, current or former customer other than in connection with ongoing services we are providing to you or your organisation;
- by you submitting information to us through our websites mjhudson.com or www.mjhudson-allenbridge.com for example, when you subscribe to our newsletter (Website User Data);
- by you submitting information to us when you complete one of our surveys (Survey Data);
- through your use of our other marketing resources, such as events or webinars which we run or sponsor (Marketing Data);
- from what we learn about you from your visit to our websites (Website Background Data); and/or
- by you otherwise interacting with us a prospective, current or former customer, (for example, where you provide your business card to us) other than in connection with ongoing legal services we are providing to you or your organisation (Prospect Data).
This statement does not apply to:
- the collection and processing of Personal Data in the course of providing legal or other services to our clients. For information about privacy in the context of services provided to our clients, please contact the relevant MJ Hudson partner or person responsible for your matter.
- the collection and processing of Personal Data about our employees or contractors. For information about privacy in the context of doing work for MJ Hudson, please see the employee handbook.
- the collection and processing of Personal Data in relation to job candidates or applications for roles advertised on this website. For information about privacy in this context, click here.
- the collection and processing of Personal Data on our suppliers or service providers. For information about privacy in this context, click here.
2. Identity and Contact Details of Data Controller
For the purposes of the DPA and the GDPR, MJ Hudson is the controller of Your Data. If you have any queries regarding this policy or complaints about our use of Your Data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the address below and we will do our best to deal with your complaint or query as soon as possible.
MJ Hudson Limited
8 Old Jewry,
FAO: Data Processing
3. What we use Your Data for
The table below sets out the purposes for which we may process Your Data and the legal basis for the processing:
|To keep you informed of any activities undertaken by us which we believe may be of interest to you and this use may include sending you email and postal marketing from time to time or requests to respond to a survey||Consent – this will be requested either when you submit Your Data to us or, if we have received Your Data indirectly, by way of an email sent prior to us sending you any marketing communications.|
|Website analytic purposes. For further details on the technology we use in order to analyse our website’s performance, please see our cookies policy here.||
Consent – this will be obtained when you click on the banner at the top of our website to accept certain cookies.Legitimate interest of MJ Hudson (see our cookies policy for further information)
|To provide you with the newsletter(s) or information you have requested||Performance of a contract|
|To respond to requests for information from regulated bodies or government agencies||Compliance with a legal obligation|
|To respond to an enquiry you have submitted||Legitimate interest of MJ Hudson – it may be necessary for us to process Your Data in order to reply or respond to your enquiry|
|To gather and analyse information on the market for our internal purposes which may be used to publish a report||Consent – this will be requested when you submit Survey Data to us.|
|To provide perception study services to our clients||Performance of a contract|
4. Who we share Your Data with
Please note that we may on occasion be required to share your information with the following categories of recipients:
- MJ Hudson offices and branches and our associated firms. A full list of all of the entities within the MJ Hudson group is listed on our website.
- Third parties who provide services on our behalf. For example, we use third parties such as MailChimp and GSuite to provide marketing automation services and Worldpay to provide payment processing services on our MJHudson-Allenbridge website. Our A full list of all our third party service providers is available on request.
We have taken steps to ensure that all such entities keep Your Data confidential and secure and only use it for the purposes that we have specified and have informed you of. Our service providers are subject to data processing agreements which are, or are in the process of being updated to become, compliant with the requirements set out in the GDPR. Further details regarding any third parties who are located outside the EEA are set out in paragraph 5 below.
In relation to any other third parties, we will only disclose your information in the following circumstances:
- where you have given your consent;
- where we are required to do so by law or enforceable request by a regulatory body;
- where it is necessary for the purpose of, or in connection with legal proceedings or in order to exercise or defend legal rights; and
- if we sell our company, go out of business, or merge with another company.
5. International Transfers
In certain circumstances, we may transfer Your Data to countries outside the EEA, which may not adhere to the same levels of data protection to which countries within the EEA are subject. Any such transfers are, at all times, made in accordance with the DPA and the GDPR. Details of the circumstances and mechanisms in place to ensure compliance are set out below:
- MJ Hudson Group Companies in the Channel Islands and South Africa
We have offices in Jersey and Guernsey in the Channel Islands. Our central servers are also located in Jersey. The European Commission has ruled that both Jersey and Guernsey offer adequate levels of data protection in their domestic legislation and transfers to these jurisdictions are, therefore, permitted under the DPA and GDPR.
We also have an office in South Africa. All Personal Data used by this office is held on MJ Hudson’s central servers located in Jersey.
- Think Studio
6. Retention Period
Your Data will be stored for a maximum period of 6 years, after which time it will be destroyed if it is no longer required for the lawful purpose(s) for which it was obtained. If you consent to marketing, any information we use for this purpose will be kept with us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information. unless we request your consent to store it for a longer period.
7. Your Rights in relation to Your Data
- Under the GDPR, you will have the following rights in relation to how we process Your Data:
- Right to request access – you may obtain confirmation from us as to whether or not Your Data is being processed and, where that is the case, access to Your Data.
- Right to rectification and erasure – you have the right to obtain rectification of inaccurate personal data we hold concerning you and to obtain the erasure of Your Data without undue delay in certain circumstances.
- Right to restriction of processing or to object to processing – you may require us to restrict the processing we carry out on Your Data in certain circumstances or to object to us processing Your Data.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to receive Your Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Right to withdraw consent – where you have provided your consent to us processing Your Data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This can be done by emailing email@example.com at any time or by clicking the “unsubscribe” link on any marketing communications you receive from us.
- Right to lodge a complaint – you may lodge a complaint with any supervisory authority in the EU. The supervisory authority for the United Kingdom is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
For further information on your rights, please see the Information Commissioner’s website here.
8. Additional Information
- There is no statutory or contractual requirement for you to provide Your Data to us and you are not obliged to do so. Please note, however, that we may not be able to provide you with the services you have requested, such as to receive our newsletter, if you do not provide your contact details. As set out in our cookies policy, our website may not be able to function fully if you do not agree to certain cookies being set on your computer.
- We do not undertake automated decision-making or profiling on Your Data.
9. Security of personal information
We recognise the need to ensure that personal information gathered via this website remains secure. Our site has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the personal information under our control. Our security measures include the use of a hardware firewall to prevent unauthorised access. You acknowledge that although we exercise adequate care and security there remains a risk that information transmitted over the Internet and stored by computer may be intercepted or accessed by an unauthorised third party.
11. Data obtained indirectly
In some circumstances, we may obtain Personal Data about you from other sources. This information may include your name, contact details and job title, which we obtain from third party sources such as Preqin, organisers of events we sponsor or other publicly available sources, such as your company’s website.
b. You are a client of MJ Hudson
Please note that we are in the process of updating our policy regarding client Personal Data in order to ensure that it is compliant with the GDPR before May 2018. Please contact the MJ Hudson partner responsible for your matter or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
c. You are a client of MJ Hudson-Allenbridge
Please note that we are in the process of updating our policy regarding client Personal Data in order to ensure that it is compliant with the GDPR before May 2018. Please check our website again at a later date or contact us at email@example.com for further information.
d. You are applying for or enquiring about a job at MJ Hudson;
e. You are an employee or contractor of MJ Hudson;
f. You are a supplier or service provider to MJ Hudson.
Please note that we are in the process of updating our policy regarding supplier Personal Data in order to ensure that it is compliant with the GDPR before May 2018.